Sunday, October 29, 2006

We Won?!?!?

Personally, I expected a more dominating performance out of the Oil. The 4-0 final is a bit deceiving, I don't feel that it is indicative of the play.

Few observations:

- We beat a bad team, and we beat their backup goalie. Sad thing is, this is something we have struggled with in the past.

- Hemsky logged 20 minutes tonight, looks like MacT is rewarding his performers. Can't say much more about this kid, he gets better every game.

- Smid (22:15) and Staios (24:45) logged the most minutes on the blue line tonight. If Stevie signs for 2.6-2.9 Million over the next 4 years, I will be one happy camper. That man is worth every penny.

- Maybe it's too early to judge, but it seems like Lupul isn't a great fit for Hemmer-Sykora.

- Fourth line looked good, made the most of their minutes.

I'll have more later when I put together the clips package.

2 comments:

andy grabia said...

Any video of Ovechkin hitting Phaneuf?

kinger said...

I don't download flame games. Although the shots I saw in the highlights almost make it worth it.