Thursday, October 19, 2006

Defending MAB

My MAB video seems to have caused quite a stir in the Oiler fan forum world:

http://edmontonoilers.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=21210

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=302473

What started primarily as an experimental foray into the art of internet video making turned into quite the shit storm. Part of the blame falls squarely on my shoulders; I had just created the accounts that I used to make the posts, and the the threads were started in a rather nonchalant manner. I think a lot of fans pegged me for a troll, bashing their players and team; I was the enemy. If these fans had actually taken the time to think about what I had created, and what tools I must have had at my disposal (in particular, EVERY oiler game on my computer) they would realize the folly in their assumption.

As I adamantly claimed in many of my replies in the aforementioned threads, I did not create this video with malicious intent. I was disappointed with Marc's performance thus far in the 06-07 campaign; however, I was not trying turn people against him. I decided to make a video and MAB's poor play was something fresh on my mind, so I went for it. I had a lot of fun making it, and would certainly do it again.

With no further adieu I present you with:

Marc-Andre Bergeron's First 6 Games of 2006-2007

No comments: